Submit at the end of Module 5.
Reflection on Literacy
In the assignments for this course, you have focused on school-wide literacy and its impact on overall student performance. You have explored
the research literature and determined specific strategies to assist in improving literacy at the institutional level.
By giving your responses to the questions that follow, you will reflect on the knowledge and skills acquired in this course and how you will
apply the learning in your professional setting.
• Define literacy from various perspectives, recognizing the reasons for and the impact of low literacy skills.
• Identify strategies and tools educators can use to improve digital literacy.
• Establish a link between literacy and technology, profiling digital-age students and their learning needs.
• Promote the use of technology for instructional purposes to strengthen student literacy.
1) Save and print the Module 5 Reflection PDF.
2) Create a 3-page (not including the title and references pages) in a Word or text document for your response. Use 12-point Arial or Times New
Roman font. Follow APA (6th edition) format for citations.
3) Create a title page and references page in APA (6th edition) format.
4) Write an introduction and conclusion for your paper.
5) Use the questions to guide your response.
• In the analysis assignment, you reflected on self-knowledge of your attitudes and beliefs about literacy, culture, and language. How has your
learning in this course modified your self-knowledge?
• How did your responses on the Module 1 analysis survey correlate with your previous observations about the school’s literacy program? What
• How did self-knowledge influence your choice of a literacy program improvement target?
• What did you learn from the application assignments about collaboration and clarification of your ideas about literacy?
• How will you apply your knowledge from the application assignments to strengthen literacy at your school, including the use of technology and
• Why is it important for instructional leaders to have the knowledge and skills to assess school-wide literacy?
Last Updated on February 7, 2018 by EssayPro