OPTION #1: LOCAL EVENT PLANNING FOR SOCIAL CHANGE
Your final project will be your opportunity to develop a creative corporate event that applies the public communication campaign strategies we studied in class.
For this project, you are a corporate event planner for Creative Inc., a U.S.-based company in your city (you decide the city and state). Your task is to come up with a corporate event to promote your organization’s civic agenda that will ultimately result in a societal change. Your goal as an event planner is to educate, persuade, promote, and produce social change among stakeholders of your organization. Think of this paper as a proposal that you will present to upper management to persuade them both on the value of the event and on your event-planning skills.
These are the main components of your final project:
- Title page
- One-page executive summary, including theoretical rationale for decisions made about how the event has been structured
- Introduction, including your purpose, goals, and objectives
- Event details. Use the following checklists to guide you in creating descriptions of the event details:
- Task Status Report
- Budgeting Costs and Expenses (you may include these as a table within your paper)
- Speaker/Entertainment Arrangements
- Food and Beverage Functions
- Room Set-up and Audiovisual Needs
- Registration Set-up
- Designing Your Promotional Material
- Environmental Checklist for Venue Selection
- Timeline for a Smaller Event or Large Event Timeline
A grading rubric in the Module 8 folder and a library resource guide (Links to an external site.) to support your efforts.
Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length (not including the title or reference page) and conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Include at least five scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.