Learning Disability Report
This assignment contains two parts. Part One: Create a “Definition Chart” that defines learning disabilities and communication disorders, identifies characteristics and causes, and describes, with examples, effective teaching strategies and placement options. Part Two:Write an essay of 825-1,250 words in which you examine, through two of the following activities, the impact of learning disabilities and or communication disorders on student achievement.
1. Visit your local school district and discover how policies, procedures, and programs are implemented for the education of students with learning disabilities and/or communication disorders.
2. Explain the term learning disability to concerned parents.
3. At a local school, investigate how policies, procedures, and programs are implemented with individual students with disabilities. Attend an IEP meeting of a student with learning disabilities and/or communication disorders. Visit, observe, and participate in both inclusionary and special education settings serving students with special needs. Interview related service providers and educators who work with students with special needs to ascertain effective practices with students with special needs.
4. Interview a speech-language therapist. Ask what you could do to enhance the therapist’s work with a student in your classroom.
5. Interview the parents of a child with learning disabilities and/or communication disorders to find out what they would like teachers to do to help their child in school. This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.Submit both parts of the assignment as one deliverable to the instructor.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro