Leadership Frameworks and Theories
Short Answer Submission Form
Your E-mail Address:Your email here
Leadership Frameworks and Theories Instructions
This Competency includes a Short-Answer Response Assessment. Write your response to each prompt below in the space provided. The Rubric, which will be used by the Competency Assessor to evaluate your responses, is beneath the prompts. Carefully review the Rubric rows associated with each prompt to provide a complete response.
When writing your response, begin typing where it reads “Enter Your Response Here.” Write as much as needed to satisfy the requirements of the prompt (as defined in the Rubric). Be sure to support your responses with connections to professional sources.
Your Assessment responses require references (in APA style) to support your thinking. You will list your references at the end of this template where “References” are noted. If you need additional information regarding how to correctly cite, and/or reference sources, please visit the Walden Writing Center at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/apa/citations
To learn more about effective paraphrasing strategies, visit the Walden Writing Center athttp://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/evidence/paraphrase/effective
Review the following example item and response for a sample that meets expectations.
Case 1: Craig Kielburger Cases
Read the six business dilemmas for the Craig Kielburger Cases then respond to the following:
Part A: General Leadership
- In what ways are Craig Kielburger’s behaviors and actions consistent with the principles and practices of authentic leadership? Be sure to support your reasoning withat least two explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical frameworks about leadership. (2-3 paragraphs)
- Do you think Craig Kielburger is an effective leader? Why or why not? Identify at least two additional leadership behaviors and/or best practices he could implement to address business problems and opportunities in his company. Be sure to support your reasoning with explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical frameworks about effective leadership. (1-2 paragraphs)
Part B: Personal Reflection
- Having reviewed the Craig Kielburger cases, describe how your own life experiences have led to the development or transformation of your leadership skills and behaviors. Use at least two specific examples to demonstrate how and why these personal experiences have improved your leadership practices. Be sure to relate how your behaviors and practices relate to best practices and to relevant leadership theoretical frameworks. (3-4 paragraphs)
- Describe how leadership can play a key role in shaping values for affecting positive social change and creating value for organizational performance. Be specific, and be sure to support your reasoning with at least two explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical leadership frameworks. (2-3 paragraphs)
- Identify and describe what you think is the most important value espoused by the company you work for. Is it a core value, aspirational value, or permission-to-play value? Does the company live and behave in accordance with the value, and what is leadership’s role in this process? How can you influence the practice of this value? Be specific, and be sure to support your reasoning with explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical frameworks about leadership. (2-3 paragraphs)–