Language and the Brain
- What are the different language centers in the brain?
- What are the different types of language disorders?
- What are the characteristic features of Broca’s and Wernike’s aphasia?
- How are these language disorders caused? Give some examples of both type of aphasia.
First Language Acquisition
- What are the two competing theories of first language acquisition? Describe
- What criticisms were levelled against ‘behaviorist theory of language acquisition’?
- What are the prerequisites of language acquisition?
- Can you describe four typical features of caregiver speech?
- What are the different stages of language acquisition? Describe each one in one sentence.
- Do you think children learn a language by reinforcement? Do you think error correction work with children?
Second Language Acquisition
- What are the differences between first and second language acquisition?
- What are four typical barriers to acquiring an L2 as an adult compared to L1 acquisition as a child?
- What are the different methods of second language instruction? Describe each one in one sentence.
- Which method of L2 instruction is more effective and why?
- What is ‘writing’? Define.
- What was the earlier function of ‘written symbols’?
- Trace the history of writing systems and discuss each of them in one sentence.
- What is the difference between a logographic writing system and a phonographic writing system?
- What is the best way to describe the written symbols used in Chinese writing: pictographic or phonographic or morphographic?
Last Updated on November 22, 2019 by Essay Pro