Subject: Infotech Import in a Strategy Plan
Part A – Discussion and responses
What is the essential value of building a business case to justify IT investments? (In your own words, explain the usefulness of this exercise.) Many companies today are multi-national corporations. Select a specific industry and summarize the basic considerations companies have about global IT organizations.
- A) Your initial post (400 -500 words) is due by Day 3 of Week 1 [need to submit on 3rd day out of 4 days]
- B) You are required to respond to another 2 student’s post (minimum of 150 words)
APA formatting is required along with scholarly sources.
Part B – Weekly Journal
April 28, 2015: Malware is said to be morphing into new forms, according to an article by Computerworld at http://www.computerworld.com/article/2915958/security0/malware-remodeled-new-tricks-new-suits-slamming-enterprise-resources.html?phint=newt%3Dcomputerworld_security&phint=idg_eid%3De906f93e1376704f5965bd3462b84e93#tk.CTWNLE_nlt_security_2015-04-29. After students read the article, perhaps many of them will not understand many of the terms and will become more afraid. Ask them to answer the following in a discussion:
(1) How many of you are very pessimistic about your on-line safety? Why?
(2) How many of you are optimistic about your own on-line safety? Why?
(3) How many of you don’t use an anti-virus program? Why?
(4) How does putting virus signatures in the cloud help users and anti-virus vendors?
Pearlson, K., Saunders, C. Galletta, D. Managing and Using Information Systems: A Strategic Approach, 6th Edition. Burlington, MA: Wiley, 2016.
Last Updated on