Assignment One –Part One: Individual Analysis of Intercultural Leadership Article
Content 19 /Formatting – Citations 6
Working individually, you are to prepare a paper that address the following:
- Introduce the article and the intercultural research question/topic
- Define the key terms and concepts
- Identify the key theme(s) findings in the article
- Explore and explain linkages, relationships and perspectives gathered from your research and analysis
- Offer a critical view of the authors findings (Do others support this? Do you? Why?)
- Suggestions and recommendations for how leaders, managers or practitioners on how they could use the research findings in their daily work or strategic planning.
The length of this paper will be approximately 3 to 4 pages. Be sure to follow the formatting guidelines.
Assignment One – Part Two: Teach Back to your Peers: Team Presentation of Intercultural Leadership Article
The second part of this assignment requires you to work in pairs to present the article you analyzed and teach the content of what you learned back to your peers. Create a visual for your presentation that supports your analysis. Be creative. Engage your audience. Your presentation will be analyzed using the following criteria:
1.Delivery – each member is prepared and demonstrates their knowledge of the issue through the presentation of the materials, discussion and response to Q&A.
2.Visual – the visual was clear, interesting and suitable for a business audience
3.Information –The materials were presented in a logical, clear and comprehensive manner.
4.The team engages all members of the audience.
5.The team was polished, enthusiastic, and professional.
6.Each team member contributed to the presentation.
Each pair is to prepare one question based on their reading to ask the audience to test their understanding of your subject matter.
This is usually asked at or near the end of your presentation –before you field questions from your audience. This questions
will allow for the audience to participate fully in the topic and deepen their understanding. The audience must be prepared to discuss the topic and engage in the question and answer period
The length of this presentation should be approximately 15 minutes with 5 additional minutes for questions.
The Book Name:
Moodian, M.A. (Ed.). (2009). Contemporary leadership and intercultural competence: Exploring the cross cultural dynamics within organizations. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Chapter: Intercultural Knowledge to Competence