PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND NEED THIS ASAP
Assignment Two template
Assignment Two sample paper (email me for additional samples)
Assignment 2: Project Paper Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic. (Exception is the video presentation of the first topic below which is a different communication form).
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
· Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date of submission. The title page and the source list are not included in the required length (750 words minimum). The body of the paper must be double-spaced between lines and must use paragraphing.
Topic choices (pick 1):
· Harlem Renaissance Writers. Choose two different authors from the Harlem Renaissance and one work by each author. Write an essay that:
1. 1. Describes each author’s role and importance within the Harlem Renaissance. Discuss their literary careers and relationships with other writers.
2. 2. Summarize the main ideas from one work by each author, using 8-10 sentences for each summary (two paragraphs total).
3. 3. Describe their writing styles, the types of images and themes they use in their work (one paragraph about each author).
4. 4. Explain how these authors and their works have impacted your own life. How will you apply their ideas to your career?
· Women Challenge their Audience. Essay. Lessons in Public Speaking: Two women of very different backgrounds and language skills gave effective speeches in the cause of abolition. Read the speeches and the background of them. Angelina Grimke Weld’s speech in Philadelphia in 1838: http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/grimke.html; the background of that speech is at http://eloquentwoman.blogspot.com/2016/09/famous-speech-friday-angelina-grimkes.html . Sojourner Truth’s famous 1851 speech and its background: https://www.nps.gov/articles/sojourner-truth.htm . Also see background in chapter 29 (p. 963) of our class text. Then write an essay that includes the following:
1. The biographical information for each woman, emphasizing elements relevant to the speeches.
2. Describe the obstacles and limitations each faced that would hinder making these speeches.
3. Using specific lines, show or illustrate effective speaking methods that connect to the audience.
4. Describe two lessons you learn from these examples that could be of value to you for communications in your professional life.
· What Price Progress? Essay: Economic Change and Consequences. Our class text has four short reading selections from Charles Dickens, known for his literary realism in the mid-1800s when many struggled trying to adapt to unrelenting economic changes. The readings are Old Curiosity Shop (p. 922); Sketches by Boz(p. 923); Dombey and Son (p. 927), and Hard Times (pp. 928-9). Select just one of these readings. Then write an essay that includes the following: Other topic choice recommended and approved by the professor and supported by the grading rubric.
1. Summarize the main ideas in the selection you chose, including the thesis or main point, and five important details
2. Considering descriptions in our class text and other sources, explain conditions in London at this time, including housing, labor, and family life.
3. Define literary realism and show how Dickens uses the technique in this selection. Identify Dickens’ reasons for wanting changes for the struggling poor in London.
4. Describe two lessons you learn from this inquiry about the problems and responsibilities and skills needed in facing today’s unrelenting economic changes
Last Updated on June 16, 2019 by Essay Pro