In this writing assignment, you choose an infectious disease of your interest (You may consult the list of diseases discussed in class) and read 3 scientific papers related to that disease.
- Learn some of the details of transmission, infection, and recovery from a single disease
- Continue learning to read and understand scientific literature
- Learn to search for scientific literature using a scientific literature index
- Choose an infectious disease that is of interest to you (you may consult the list of disease discussed in class).
- Find and read 3 scientific peer-reviewed (watch Dr. Betty Galbraith’s presentation) journal articles related to the disease.
- Use the information in your articles to write an essay describing the disease under the following bullet points
- Why is that infectious disease of interest to you.
- What kind of organism causes the disease? (e.g. virus, bacteria, roundworm, etc.)
- Describe the organism (biologically)?
- How is it transmitted between people? (e.g. fluid contact, mosquito vector, etc.)
- What are the symptoms?
- What are the treatments?
- One additional bit of information you find interesting
Please do not write more than two pages.
Formal citation (journal style) for the article
See: Human Life Biology
Last Updated on November 27, 2020 by Essay Pro