In this assignment, you will be conducting an informal health assessment of yourself, your immediate family, and community to develop a health promotion plan for your family. The final submission will include three parts: 1. Family Portrait (1–2 pages), 2. Community Portrait (1–2 pages), 3. Health Promotion Plan (5–7 pages).
Preparation Step 1: Family Health Portrait
Using the My Family Health Portrait website <https://familyhistory.hhs.gov/fhh-web/home.action>, conduct an assessment of yourself and your immediate family.
In a 1- to 2-page report:
- Summarize the findings of both your assessment and your immediate family.
- Identify positive health habits you or your family currently practice.
- Identify health risk factors (stress, lack of exercise, poor or inadequate nutrition, smoking, obesity, etc.) in yourself and family members.
Preparation Step 2: Community Health Portrait
Conduct a “windshield survey” in which you drive through your community and assess and record the following characteristics and resources:
- health care
- social or human service agencies
- types of transportation
- types and condition of housing
- recreation facilities
- ethnicities and religions
In a 1- to 2-page report:
- Summarize the findings of your community assessment.
- Identify health support resources provided in your community.
- Identify health risk factors in your community.
Preparation Step 3: Health Promotion Plan for Family
Based on the information gathered in your individual, family, and community assessments and from scholarly resources, develop a health promotion plan for your family.
In a 5- to 7-page plan:
- Summarize family health portrait including the strengths and risk factors.
- Summarize community health portrait including the strengths and risk factors.
- Identify at least three desired personal behavioral and health outcomes.
- Identify at least two desired family health goals.
- Recommend specific strategies for realistically achieving identified health goals. Explain how appropriate community resources can be utilized and how those goals will be met.
- Explain how, if implemented, these goals will benefit you, your current family, and future generations.
At the end of your plan, attach these three parts: 1. Family Portrait (1–2 pages), 2. Community Portrait (1–2 pages), 3. Health Promotion Plan (5–7 pages).
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to the Submissions Area. Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro