Propose an economic initiative that presents an opportunity for improved care quality.
Master’s-level health care practitioners are charged with the responsibility of constantly scanning the external environment for shifts in supply of and demand for services. Concurrently, leaders must examine strategic fit with their organization’s directional strategy and determine if adjustments need to be made for current service offerings, updates in equipment, changes in staffing models, and a variety of other decisions.
Each decision that is proposed must be evaluated in terms of the health care setting as a system, alignment with the mission and strategy, available internal resources, potential contract and payer source implications, and the short- and long-term economic effects at both the micro and macro levels.
Note: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
Proposal of New Economic Opportunity
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the effects of financial and economic factors (such as cost-benefit, supply and demand, return on investment, and risks) in a health care system on patient care, services offered, and organizational structures and operation.
- Analyze the supply and demand for a proposed economic initiative within contexts relevant to a care setting.
- Competency 2: Develop ethical and culturally equitable solutions to economic problems within a health care organization in an effort to improve the quality of care and services offered.
- Propose an economic initiative that presents an opportunity for a care setting at both the micro and macro levels, and that will provide ethical and culturally equitable improvements to the quality of care.
- Competency 3: Justify the qualitative and quantitative information used to guide economic decision making to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Explain relevant economic and environmental data that support a proposal and analysis.
- Competency 5: Apply various communication methods in order to clearly, effectively, and efficiently relate information to stakeholders and colleagues related to economic data, findings, and strategies.
- Communicate an economic proposal in a logically structured and concise manner, writing content clearly with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Effectively support a proposal with relevant economic data and scholarly sources, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Last Updated on June 18, 2019 by EssayPro