For this assessment:
- Choose the community organization or support group that you plan to address.
Presentation Format and Length
You may use PowerPoint or other suitable presentation software to create your slides and add your voiceover. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.
Be sure that your slide deck includes the following slides:
- Title slide.
- Presentation title.
- Your name.
- Course number and title.
- References (at the end of your presentation).
Your slide deck should consist of 10–12 slides, not including a title and references slide.
Create a detailed narrative script for your presentation, approximately 4–5 pages in length.
Cite 3–5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your presentation. Include your source citations on a references page appended to your narrative script.
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Ethical and Policy Factors in Care Coordination Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Explain how governmental policies related to the health and/or safety of the community affect the coordination of care.
- Provide examples of a specific policy affecting the organization or group.
- Refer to the assessment resources for help in locating relevant policies.
- Be sure influential policies include the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Identify national, state, and local policy provisions that raise ethical questions or dilemmas for care coordination.
- What are the implications and consequences of specific policy provisions?
- What evidence do you have to support your conclusions?
- Assess the impact of the code of ethics for nurses on the coordination and continuum of care.
- Consider the factors that contribute to health, health disparities, and access to services.
- Consider the social determinants of health identified in Healthy People 2020 as a framework for your assessment.
- Provide evidence to support your conclusions.
- Communicate key ethical and policy issues affecting the coordination and continuum of care for a selected community organization or group.
- Present a concise overview.
- Support your main points and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.