CSR And A Hotel Group Ethics Essay
Choose a hotel chain and present its program of CSR.
- Analyze it in terms of one of the ethics theories we’ve studied
.•Your personal analysis of the CSR program
- Select a hotel group, bigger hotel or Cruise Ship.
- They obviously need to have a CSR program.
Suggestions and help:
-Select a hotel where you have worked
- Brief overview of the hotel chain, e.g. what makes them special, size, geographical presence etc…
- Summarise their CSR program.
- What result is the CSR program having, good and bad?
- Explain the theory you have chosen •Critically analyse the CSR program (or part of it) by applying the theory.–Analyse using the approaches as discussed in class–
- According to the theory, how good/bad is the CSR program?
Your analysis and conclusions: answer at least 3 of the following questions:
- What do you think about the CSR activities of your chosen hotel?•Are they doing things that end up being bad?
- Are they not doing things that would be good to do?
- Is the CSR program only for show?
- Is there a conflict between maximizing profit and operating in a sustainable way? •Are any of their actions (or their core practices) contrary to their stated CSR practices – that is, are they being hypocritical in any ways?
- What would you do to improve the CSR practices of your chosen hotel?
- Summary of Hotel Group and CSR Program
–relevant points, accurate, level of details
- Analysis from Theory 1
–knowledge of the theory, used theory to analyze hotel’s CSR, Depth of analysis/appropriate detail
- Personal analysis of the hotel’s CSR
–How well do they do, and why?, What else could/should they do, and why?, What might be changed that would have made it more ethical? (see questions on previous slide)
- Presentation and language skills
–Format/length, Organization of ideas, grammar, references
- Use as guidance the 2 page summary of the theories and how to analyse cases. •Get inspired by example papers, uploaded to e-learning •Read and follow the instructions, including this presentation! •Read the respective theory chapter in the main course book, uploaded to e-learning!–Make sure you use the main parts of the theory, e.g. the categorical imperatives from Kant, Rawls Veil of ignorance etc.
- Make sure you are clear on whether something is your own opinion or from a source.
- Quotes should be referenced throughout the text.
Essay Ethics CSR And A Hotel Group
Last Updated on July 22, 2020 by Essay Pro