The Ethic of Poverty
- Why does global poverty exist? Identify three main reasons and cite sources. – half page
- Give three examples of things that could be done to reduce global poverty. Cite sources. – half page
- Give at least one example of how global poverty connects to another societal issue. For example, is there a connection between poverty and human trafficking (Use this one)? Judicial systems? Health outcomes? Gender roles? etc…Explain the connection between poverty and the issue you select and cite your source(s) – 1 page
- Name two ethical theories that could explain why so much of humanity still lives in poverty and discuss how the existence/persistence of global poverty. Here are some ethical theories you can use:
- Virtue ethics. (Use this one)
- Ethics of care.
- Egoism. (Use this one)
– 1 page
- Wrap it up – Address each of these questions in your conclusion:
- Do you consider poverty to be a valid global ethical concern? Is it an issue that “we are all concerned about” as Widdows posits in her introduction (Widdows, 1)? Or do you think poverty is a local issue or an issue to be addressed by people who are poor?
- What ethical frameworks support your answer? Highlight elements of ethical theories that support your position on whether or not poverty is a valid global ethical concern.
- Describe any personal, core beliefs that affect your own views on global poverty. Where did these beliefs come from?
- Connect your beliefs to the ethical framework(s) that most resonate for you.Highlight elements of theories that best support your personal beliefs.
- Close by noting whether or not any of your beliefs have shifted since the beginning of the term (there is no wrong answer to 5e).
– 1 page
There will be total – 4 pages
Last Updated on