- Create a title page
- Write a problem statement based on your topic of study.
How does adverse childhood trauma lead to adult homelessness in urban setting?
Develop a 2-paragraph statement that is the result of a review of the articles you located on your topic.
Briefly describe the phenomena you are interested in studying.(See below)
Phenomenon of interest (Use this statement and expand)
The phenomenon of interest in this topic is the cause of traumatization of children and links to homelessnessthat has become rampant globally. This is because the instances of children being harmed psychologically are on the rise. Therefore, there is need to study the real cause of the childhood trauma and the possible ways of mitigating this issue that is rising in the society.
Briefly summarize the key findings or what is understood about this phenomenon based on the three articles you reviewed.
Briefly identify the “gap”—what do you see as an important, relevant, next step in learning more about this topic that would be appropriate for a qualitative study.
Write a purpose statement using terminology of qualitative research. The purpose statement should contain:
A statement using the following template:
The purpose of this qualitative study is to [choose one: explore, describe, understand, explain] themeaning/experience/culture/stories of [phenomenon of interest] in [population/setting].
A justification of why the purpose of your study is suited for the qualitative approach in terms of:
- The phenomena you choose
- The “fit” with a constructivist epistemology and ontology
- The relevance of the naturalistic setting or context to the phenomena of interest
- Based on your knowledge of reflexivity, explain your relationship to the problem; and the issues of bias and positionality to be addressed. Include a brief description of the setting and possible sources of data.
- Write a research question using terminology of qualitative research.
Research Question: How does the adverse childhood trauma leads to adult homelessness in urban setting?
- The research question should incorporate and mirror the purpose statement using the following template: What is the meaning/experience/culture/stories of [phenomenon of interest] in [population/setting]?
- Include your updated Annotated Bibliography section.
Use APA cited references. Entire paper needs to be Times Roman 12 font.
Here are some references you can use. Please make sure that you add at least 4 more APA references as resources.
Bendall, S., Alvarez-Jimenez, M., Nelson, B., & McGorry, P. (2013). Childhood trauma and psychosis: new perspectives on aetiology and treatment. Early Intervention In Psychiatry, 7(1), 1-4. doi: 10.1111/eip.12008
Gaudiano, B., & Zimmerman, M. (2009). The relationship between childhood trauma history and the psychotic subtype of major depression. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 121(6), 462-470. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0447.2009.01477.x
Hamilton, L. (2015). Childhood Maltreatment Trauma: Relevance for Adult Physical and Emotional Health. A Review. Trauma Cases And Reviews, 1(1). doi: 10.23937/2469-5777/1510003
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro