Journalism, mass media and communication
critical analysis essay based on the selected lab
based on the Media Lab 5, write a 1500 words well-organized, analytic essay in which you take on the tasks listed in the Lab. Of course, please write your essay in your own words. Please include your experience with television shows in the assignment. Because it asks you to draw from your experience, and not simply one episode of one program, your answer will need to be broad.
Please “dig” for your experience online, meaning search for examples of TV shows that form your experience and background, and include links to some of the episodes you are discussing, and include in your references. Do not answer the questions in the Lab in just a general or vague way. Be specific!
Requirements/Structure: At a minimum your paper should include:
1. Your name and title of the paper at the top of the first page. Please print the attached grading rubric and attach it to the back of your assignment.
2. A one paragraph introduction in which you introduce your subject of analysis. Do not assume your reader is aware that your essay is in response to an assignment; introduce your topic so that your essay addresses a broader audience than just this classroom.
3. A clear and concise analytic thesis statement or claim about the task at hand. What are you trying to prove or establish?
4. An analysis using relevant principles drawn from the textbook and class discussion. Your goal is to effectively combine the theoretical principles with your own critical observations.
5. A critical conclusion in which you briefly reflect on the implications of your analysis and discussion. Don’t repeat everything you just said.
6. A clear set of sources, following the APA guidelines for referencing. There should be between 7 and 10 academic sources. Wikipedia does not count as an academic resource.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Essay Assistance