For this paper, you will choose one of the major forensic psychology topics that contributed to
the wrongful prosecution of this case: eyewitness identification or interrogations/confessions.
You will then analyze how this factor contributed to the prosecution of the defendant. You will
need to identify three empirical (research) articles on the topic you selected that are related to
the facts of the case. Each of the three empirical articles should have at least one experiment
where they are collecting data and testing their hypotheses. Your paper should clearly:
1) Make an argument for how (eyewitness identification or interrogations/confessions)
contributed to the defendant’s wrongful prosecution___ (approximately 1 page).
2) Provide a critical analysis of each the three empirical articles that you identified as supportive
of your argument (in #1). For each article, describe the research question tested by the research,
describe how the authors tested that question and what they found, and relate their findings to the
case presented in the documentary. If an article has more than one experiment, choose one of the
experiments for this portion of your paper. This analysis should be critical, noting strengths and
weaknesses both in the study itself and in its relevance to the case in question___ (approximately 1page per article, for a total of 3 pages).
3) End with an evaluation of the overall prosecution in this case in light of the material we have
covered in class since the beginning of the course. You should discuss both eyewitness
identification and false confessions in this section, regardless of which topic you chose for the
first 4 pages of the assignment. Finally, make recommendations about how the prosecution of
this case could have been improved ___(approximately 1 page).
4) Include a Reference section with the three articles you selected along with any other sources
you used to complete your assignment. You do not need to write a reference for the film.
Your assignment must follow APA formatting including:
1) Size 12 font, preferably Times New Roman
3) Page numbers on top right (header)
4) 1” margins on all four sides (you may have to adjust the default settings)
5) Title page including title of paper, your name, affiliation (college) and course
6) No abstract is necessary for this assignment
Last Updated on