- Find a news article about a crime or incident, in which the crime or incident was committed by a defendant in a controversial way, such as due to their intent, status, by omission, or if there was a constitutional issue.
- Summarize the incident.
- State why you chose it, and why it seems to be controversial.
- Discuss why the act was criminal or not. Support your answer with 1. case law, 2. a statute (unless a crime of omission), and 3. a journal article or law review article.
- Give your opinion as to whether you think the act should be criminal or not?
- Answer two (2)of the following questions:
- If you were a legislator, would you change or support the law, if somebody was proposing a change?
- If you were a police officer would you arrest the suspect?
- If you were the prosecutor, how you argue the defendant was guilty of a crime?
- If you were the defense attorney, how would you defend your client?
- If you were a judge, would you allow the case to go to trial?
The paper/initial post should be between 200-500 words; more importantly it should be succinct.
Remember grammar counts.