Intro to Criminal Justice
Section 1: Define. Please define the following terms. (4 pts Each)
- Motive –
- Due Process –
- Clearance Rate –
- Criminal Law –
Section 2. Short Answer. Please answer the following questions. (5 Pts. Each)
- List and explain the 2 major sources of crime statistics.
- What 4 elements does the crime of 1st degree murder require?
- What are the 4 broad categories of defenses to a criminal charge?
- The crime clock distinguishes between what 2 categories of crime?
- List and briefly explain the 3 elements necessary for a crime to take place.
- What is justice? List the 4 types of justice.
- What does the Criminal Justice System have a difficult time balancing? (Hint: Also the theme of the book.)
- Which is NOT a justification used as a defense to criminal charges?
- Defense of Others
- Resisting Unlawful Arrest
- What is the M’Naghten Rule?
- List and briefly explain the 4 types of mens rea.
- What are the 3 generic kinds of “corporate strategies” that guide American policing? Provide an example of 2 of the strategies.
- Explain the difference between the consensus model and the conflict model.
More to read: A critical analysis of the Equality ACT
Section 3: Essay. Please answer the following questions in detail. (10 pts Each)
Essay Question #1: List and explain in detail 5 of the 6 general categories of criminal law violations.
Essay Question #2: List and explain in detail the 5 Basic Purposes of policing.
BONUS QUESTION (5pts): List 5 of the 9 special categories of crime.
Other resources: Introduction to Criminal Justice