you just need to pick two songs from the attached list of songs and answer the questions in the example provided
Concert Response Questions/Points:
- Please list the title/ensemble and corresponding date of the MUS 121 concert you attended.
- Name one piece/movement/song at the concert (including the composer). In 2-3 sentences, with precise and specific detail, discuss the technical (dynamics, tempo, etc.) and emotional (somber, happy, etc.) aspects of that piece/movement/song .
- Name a second piece/movement/song at the concert (including the composer) that contrasts to that of question #2. In 2-3 sentences, with precise and specific detail, discuss the technical (dynamics, tempo, etc.) and emotional (somber, happy, etc.) aspects of that piece/movement/song.
- In 2-3 sentences, regarding what you saw at the concert: discuss the instruments (individual and families), performers (Were they focused? Did they enjoy performing?), and—if present—the conductor (What did you notice about this conductor?)
- Overall, did you enjoy the concert? Why or why not?
Example of a GOOD Concert Response
(no portion of this may be copied in part or whole):
- Huxford Symphony Orchestra, October 27, 2018.
- Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber. Emotionally, this piece of music was very sad. I think it would fit well at a funeral. The piece began with a very slow tempo and quiet dynamic (which never really changed during the piece).
- “Main Theme” from Star Wars by John Williams. This work was VERY exciting with a very triumphant emotion/character. The tempo remained fairly steady throughout. The dynamics, however, started loud, then alternated between loud and quiet until the piece ended (with noticeable crescendos and decrescendos connecting those sections).
- The large orchestra primarily had instruments from the string family, but I also saw brass, woodwinds, and percussion (including a timpani!). The violinists seemed like they enjoyed performing and the tall conductor, though very serious, obviously loved getting to conduct this concert.
- Overall, I liked the concert. It had a few slower moments but was mostly intriguing! I might not listen to this music in my car, but I wouldn’t mind listening to it while studying attending another live concert!
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro