MUST FOLLOW GRADING RUBRIC
MUST GIVE MULTIPLE AND SPECIFIC EXAMPLES IN REFERENCE TO ISSUES, TRAINING, INSTRUCTION, ETC.
Create a presentation (15-20 slides) to prepare department heads for training their staff on the organization’s new compliance approach. Address the compliance content that department heads will need to convey and best practices for delivery of the compliance training.
For the purpose of this assessment, you will assume the role of quality assurance officer at one of Vila Health’s community-based hospitals. Vila Health is a medium-sized system of health care operating facilities in Minnesota and Wisconsin. You recently received approval from your organization’s senior leaders to provide compliance training to all staff members based on the new approach to compliance your organization has adopted.
Because of the number of staff requiring training, you will not be able to deliver the compliance training yourself. Instead, your organization’s department heads will conduct the training for their departments. Your job is to develop a presentation to help the department heads train their staff on the organization’s new approach to compliance.
You have scheduled a meeting with the department heads to introduce the compliance training. As you are doing your planning for your presentation to department heads, you have decided that your presentation needs to consist of two parts:
- Part One: Background on Health Care Regulation, Accreditation, and Ethics
- This addresses the compliance content department heads need to cover in their staff training sessions.
- Part Two: Compliance Training Effectiveness
- This addresses how to design and deliver compliance training that staff members retain and apply on the job.
You have determined you will need 15–20 slides to cover the content you plan to deliver to the department heads. You have also created an outline of what specifically you need to include in your presentation. Here is the outline you created:
Background on Regulation, Accreditation, and Ethics in Health Care
- Introduce regulatory, ethical, and accreditation compliance in health care (2–3 slides).
- Distinguish accreditation from regulations and ethical considerations in health care.
- Highlight the risks and consequences of noncompliance (1–2 slides).
- Analyze important health care regulations, such as privacy laws, quality standards, and patient rights (3–4 slides).
- Present key ethical considerations all staff must understand (1–2 slides).
- Explain how the concept of continuous readiness applies to compliance (1–2 slides).
Compliance Training Effectiveness
- Explain best practices for training health care staff on compliance (2–3 slides).
- Conclude with a final meaningful compliance message, such as a motivational statement or a quote about compliance (1 slide).
- Include your reference slide with current APA formatted references (1 slide).
Now that you have your outline in hand, develop your presentation to department heads on the organization’s new compliance training program that they will be delivering to their staff members.
- Written communication: Your slides need to include bullet points highlighting the key concepts. Avoid using block paragraphs or pictures only. Make sure your content is clear, persuasive, well-organized and free of errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Title slide: Develop a descriptive title for your presentation of approximately 5–15 words. It should stir interest, yet maintain professional decorum.
- Length: Approximately 15–20 slides. Slides should be professional and appropriately balance text and visuals. Avoid making your slides too text heavy. Instead, make use of speaker notes to include additional content.
- References and reference slide: Include a minimum of 3 citations of peer-reviewed sources in current APA format on a final reference slide.
- Scoring guide: Please review the scoring guide for this assessment so that you understand how your faculty member will evaluate your work.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro