Complete Part 2 of an in-depth analysis of the case study, “Case Study 5: Ellen Zane—Leading change at Tufts/NEMC.” Your 6–8-page analysis will focus on how the organization navigated the changes made to improve its stability, how those changes impacted the various stakeholders and departments, and the communication practices utilized throughout this change management process.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon the work you have completed in the previous assessments. Therefore, complete the assessments in the order in which they are presented.
In today’s dynamic health care environment, leaders are expected to assume a greater change agent role and will be required to use their positional power and expertise to lead their organizations forward in uncertain waters. An in-depth understanding of organizational structures, power dynamics, resistance to change, and other factors is vital to becoming a master change agent.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to examine the key factors in an organization that influence the development of an appropriate change strategy and implementation plan.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analytical Thinking: Develop complex plans or analyses.
- Competency 3: Innovative Thinking: Apply “tried and true” concepts or trends.
- Competency 4: Process Management and Organizational Design: Benchmark good processes and practices.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Evaluate an organization’s use of structures and systems to deal with environmental uncertainty and complexity.
- Explain how various departments and stakeholders are affected by a proposed change.
- Describe the types of power at play within the organization and its potential effects.
- Outline potential actions designed to prevent or mitigate conflict and resistance to change.
- Assess the effects of communications on change implementation.
- Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar and mechanics.
- Support main points, claims, and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
Last Updated on August 13, 2019 by EssayPro