1- Business Communication Online requires the use of LockDown Browser and a webcam for online exams (Respondus Monitor). The webcam can be built into your computer or can be the type that plugs in with a USB cable. Watch this short video (http://www.respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser…) to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the webcam feature. A student Quick Start Guide (http://www.respondus.com/products/monitor/guides.shtml) is also available.
In preparation for the first assessment, review the attached document, download the required software and be ready for your practice Assessment – Assessment A – on Monday, September 17th.
Confirm in this submission that you have read the document and downloaded the Respondus software.
Business Communication – Respondus Monitoring Instruction.docx
TED Talks are an effort by the TED organization to share different ideas from various authors. TED Talks are video presentations. In the assigned TED Talk the author speaks very frankly about unconscious bias and how a person’s birthplace, gender or disability my impact your opinion or the opinion of others about them. Consider the discussion in your text about communication in a diverse society, specifically how the communication model is affected by diversity.
Listen to the TED Talk, “What does my headscarf Mean to You” by Ms. Abdel Magied.
Consider your Chapter 2 reading and Ms. Magied’s views in this week’s TED Talk when answering the following questions:
- What about the author’s discussion of unconscious bias was most interesting to you? Why
- How has unconscious bias affected you and what what unconscious bias do you think you have?
- How would you remedy unconscious bias in the workplace?
- What was the author’s suggestion for remedying unconscious bias? Why would this work?
- How do unconscious bias impact communication in the workplace and impact our general communication?
- Finally, list three areas that Ms. Magied sited that could lead to miscommunication as a result of diversity or unconscious bias. What tools would you use to improve communication in each of the instances you site.
Please use Write Submission to submit your responses.
Last Updated on December 13, 2020 by Essay Pro