There are 2 films you can watch and write a summary to receive extra credit for a total of 20pts (10 each). Any extra credit points will be added onto your existing grades.
The write-ups for each film should be:
- 12pt, times new roman
- 1.25 full pages (single-spaced)
- Write in paragraph-form (think of this as 2 short papers)
- Answer all of the questions below in your write-ups
***Disclaimer: both films depict explicit content and is chock-full of nudity, profanity, and
other adult themes. NOT SAFE FOR WORK. So please, watch on your own time.***
- What is the Juggalo subculture? (What musician/Genre is it connected to?)
- What are some of the misconceptions that people have of Juggalo’s/Juggalettes?
- Include 3 actual people and who they are in your write-up. In other words, explain in
detail the lives of 3 people interviewed in the short documentary.
- What are the final words that the people in the documentary want others to understand
about their subculture?
How to access:
1.Go to WSU library’s website
2.Search “Kanopy” (make sure you are logged-in)
3.Click links that will take you to the kanopy website.
4.Search “Trading Women”
- What are some of the reasons why Thai women choose sex work?
- What 3 countries feed into the Thai sex industry?
- What is the life-story of the woman from Rangoon, Myanmar?
- Why was the Victims of Trafficking Act of 2000 so controversial?
- Why do some women choose to work at a karaoke rather than a brothel?
- Did this film change the way you think about sex work (prostitution)?