Purpose of this Assignment:
To experience and learn about community resources connected to poverty.
Part I Community Service Learning Experience
(1) You will volunteer at a Food Bank or an approved poverty related organization in your community for a total of four hours.
(2) You are encouraged to journal experiences, thoughts and reactions soon after your experience, for use later in the semester in completing a reflective paper.
(3) In our Week 7 class you will provide signed documentation from your organization to your Professor. You must keep the original for your records as this is a requirement of the SSW program first semester community hours.
Note: You will be bound by confidentiality in doing this assignment. You will not discuss details of the organization or their clientele.
- 3 pages in length (not including cover page and reference page)
- Minimum of 2 references to course materials
- APA format
- What did you learn that is new or different from what you knew before?
- How has what you experienced or learned made you feel?
- What were some of the challenges that you encountered in trying to help people who struggle with poverty?
- What are some of the challenges of trying to deal with poverty on a larger scale?
- What can be done to influence or change the issue of poverty in your community?
- Cover Page / Body / Reference Page
- Minimum of 2 references
- Connections to course materials