Select one and answer thoroughly; respond to two other students.
- What were some general features of U.S. policy toward Central America, as illustrated by the cases of Guatemala, Nicaragua, and El Salvador?
- What were the implications of the comment sometimes attributed to President Franklin D. Roosevelt “Somoza is an S.O.B., but he is our S.O.B.”? (text page 450)
- What were some notable differences between the Nicaraguan and Cuban revolutions in terms of goals and strategies?
- How did the life and death of Archbishop Oscar Romero illustrate the role of “liberation theology” in the Central American revolutions?
- What roles did women play in all three revolutions and how did these activities affect their lives thereafter?