THE WORLDCOM CASE – INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT
Prepare a document that is typed, double-spaced, and grammatically correct in Times New Roman with Font size set at 12 point with margins of 1 inch. Be sure to follow APA (6th ed.) format, including: appropriate cover page header, title, author(s) and course information and intext citation. References cited must be in APA format.
Please research information on the WorldCom case and give a brief overview of it before responding to the following in detail:
- What were the events that led to the collapse of WorldCom?
- How was WorldCom’s deception exposed; and who were involved in its demise?
- What characteristics were evident in WorldCom’s leader, Bernie Ebbers?
- Describe the environment in which WorldCom’s corruption had taken place.
- Who is Cynthia Cooper? In your opinion, how has she helped or hurt the operations of WorldCom?
- In terms of ethical leadership, list and explain at most four (4) guidelines for its enforcement in organizations.
- What could have been done better by WorldCom to avoid the scandal?
- What preventative measures can be taken to avoid this type of situation from occurring in other organizations?