The Search for Leadership
You are the CEO of a major consumer technology corporation. The company is global and offers remote employment, in addition to numerous physical locations. It distributes the products through different global wholesalers to reach retailers who in turn sell to the ultimate consumer. Your job is to find a new president for the organization.
The past president has retired after 25 years of service. You will have to explain to the board of directors what criteria will be used in the search for a new company president.
The Search for Leadership
In your paper:
- Explain what being a leader is, and what traits are needed to be an effective leader.
- Describe the type of leadership style and skills needed for the position.
- Analyze the importance of attending to tasks and relationships.
- Explain the importance of a leader following and communicating a vision, and setting the tone.
- Examine the necessity for a leader to have good out-group member skills, as well as the ability to handle conflict and overcome obstacles.
- Justify the needed ethical leadership traits for this position
The Final Paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text. Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The Search for Leadership paper
Structure of your paper
- Please follow APA formatting for your essay. In the Writing Center there is a handy template Links to an external site.that you can download and use. Use the “Ashford APA Template” link on that page.
- The introduction should briefly describe what the paper will be about and include a thesis statement. The thesis statement defines the purpose for your writing. You might begin the statement with “The purpose of this paper is…
- Each section of your paper should have a heading. The heading separates the sections and helps readers know what are discussing.
- Every time you use information from a source, there should be an in-text citation in the body of your paper — and a citation on the references page. If either are missing, points will be deducted.
- Be careful in formatting the sources on the references page. Please refer to the Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for information on proper formatting, or use an APA citation generator.
Last Updated on September 19, 2018 by EssayPro