The Alchemist- Essay questions
Essay requirements: Write a well-structured, 5 paragraph- argumentative essay of 1500 words, on one of the following prompts.
- Introduction, body, conclusion
- must have relevant logical evidence to support claims (quotes). Minimum 5-6 direct quotations from the book, introduced and cited properly
- MLA format, 12 font, Times New Roman
- Minimum use of personal pronouns
- com for final draft
- In The Alchemist, the author Paulo Coelho raises the notion that a person should have no reason to fear anything if he recognizes that he plays a role in something greater than his own life. Take a moment to reflect on the themes of religion and spirituality in the novel. Then write a well-organized essay in which you explain the role of religion and spirituality in the novel, using examples from your reading, observation, studies or personal experience to develop your position.
- In The Alchemist, the author Paulo Coelho raises the idea that all individuals should live in the singular pursuit of their individual dreams; that they should pursue their Personal Legends above anything else in their lives. This emerges as the primary theme of The Alchemist. How does this notion manifest in the major characters in the novel? In what ways is this theme both realistic and problematic? Then write a well-organized essay in which you explore the validity of this assertion using examples from your reading, observation, studies or personal experience to develop your position.
Last Updated on March 16, 2018 by Essay Pro