Use the same data used for homework 1 (QLDiab.sav or QLDiab.xlsx) and output generated for HW 1.
Determine the summary statistics for the three variables in the data file.
Here are the options for statistics you should pick:
Post the output table for the summary statistics for the three variables here:
- For the gender variable, what is the appropriate measure of central tendency and what is the value for it?
- For the time variable, what are the two appropriate measures of central tendency and what are the values?
- For the Quality of Life variable, what are the appropriate measures of central tendency and what are the values?
- Answer the following for the Quality of Life variable:
- Define the mean and provide the value of the mean.
- Define the median and provide the value of the median.
- What is the value of the skewness coefficient and what does it say about the skewness of the distribution?
- How does the comparative relationship of the mean and median relate to the skewness coefficient?
- It what way does the histogram found in HW1 confirm the skewness?
- What does the kurtosis coefficient tell about the peakedness of the distribution?
g Define the variance and provide the value for it.
- Define the standard deviation and provide the value for it.
- Verify the relationship between variance and standard deviation.
- Add and subtract 3 times the standard deviation from the mean and provide those values. Discuss why these values are reasonably expected.