This month you are to write a 1200 word research paper on a sports psychologist of your choice. This paper is worth 15% of your grade. Please use the APA format and cite at least three (3) sources. Follow the directions below for a step-by-step process.
|Assignment Requirements (Use as a checklist):
· You will select one well-known sports psychologist and discuss the following topics: (1) General introduction to sports psychology, (2) Early life and education of the psychologist you select, (3) His/her contributions to the field of sports psychology, (4) His/her applied theories and practices, (5) A conclusion that wraps everything up and looks to the future of sports psychology.
Below are a few recommended sports psychologists for this paper (you can pick someone outside of this list):
John F Murray
· Use a 10 or 12 pt Arial or Times New Roman Font
· Double-space paper
· Minimum of 1200 words. No more than 2,000 words
· Minimum of three (3) cited sources
· Use APA format and parenthetical citations right after cited material (See below)
· Make sure your name is on your paper
· Paper should contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion
There will be a 20 pt. penalty for writing less than 1200 words on this assignment.
|APA Template- Please use this to help format your paper|
|Correct use of APA style||10%|
|Statement of main points and thesis in introduction||5%|
|Properly indented paragraphs||5%|
|Content in introduction||5%|
|Content in body||40%|
|Content in conclusion||5%|
|Balance – paragraphs similar in length – about 150 words||5%|
|Organization – followed format (intro, body, conclusion)||5%|
- There will be a 10pt. penalty for each day the assignment is late. It is due Sunday, by midnight, of week 3.
- There will be a 100 pt. penalty for plagiarizing. This means a 0. If in doubt, cite, cite, cite.
Last Updated on