SW Development Methodologies Assignment
Software development can be chaotic and complex in the absence of a structured process.
Overtime, several methodologies have been proposed to guide software development. At a high
level, software development methodologies can be classified into three groups: structured
methodologies, object-oriented methodologies, and agile methodologies. Within this background,
answer following two questions:
- What is Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)? Draw a diagram to illustrate the generic SDLC. (max 1 page)
- Choose and discuss three methodologies, one from each section (max 3 pages)
- Structured methodologies: Waterfall, Rapid Application Development (RAD) Model, prototyping, spiral model.
- Object-oriented methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Enterprise unified process (EUP), Object Process Methodology (OPM), Catalysis
- Agile methodologies: Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP), Adaptive software development (ASD), Crystal
- Submit your assignment in a word documents (.doc) on blackboard using 12 point font with 1.5 line spacing.
- Run your report through a plagiarism checker software freely available online.
- Cite the sources referred.