- Select a contemporary social issue (a topic for your paper) to research and to view from the perspective of a sociological paradigm. *Examples of topics below
- Papers must be 3-4 pages, 12 pt. double-spaced.
- Papers must include one paradigm, use only one of the 3 main theories to apply to your topic (conflict theory, functionalism, or interactionism). Discuss it directly and apply it thoroughly!
- Paper structure: Introduction, Body of Paper (where you discuss your research findings and apply your theory), and Conclusion. Be sure to use sociological terms from this course to discuss your topic!
- Papers must include at least 5 resources from: books, academic articles, or sociological journals
- Papers must include MLA or APA in-text citations and a Works Cited list (alphabetized!).
You may find that your topic is very general and you will then need to narrow it down. Some topics could include:
Gun control, media perceptions, cyber bullying, sexual harassment, the death penalty, undocumented workers, New Jim Crow, gender exploitation, social media, police corruption, gambling in athletics, cheating in academic settings, relationships, homelessness, crossing borders, white privilege, driving while Black/Brown, juvenile delinquency, environmental racism, LGBTQ+ rights, whistle blowers, unnecessary surgery (medical sociology)
Last Updated on