1. Do negative labels cause crime? Or do people who commit crime become negatively labeled? That is, are labels a cause of crime or a result?
2. Once weakened, can a person’s bonds to society become reattached? What social processes might help reattachment?
3. Can you devise a test of Sutherland’s differential association theory? How would you go about measuring an excess of definitions favorable toward criminality?
4. Can you think of ways you may have supported your peers’ or siblings’ antisocial behavior by helping them learn criminal techniques or attitudes?
5. Do you recall neutralizing any guilt you might have felt for committing a criminal or illegal act? Did your neutralizations come before or after you committed the act in question?
Microsoft Word document, Double-spaced, 12 pt font, Times New Roman, APA formatted
Last Updated on March 16, 2020 by EssayPro