A social entrepreneur is a leader or visionary who is driven to achieve social change. Social entrepreneurs provide creative solutions for society’s problems. They are committed to changing conditions in society for the better with their ideas.
Social entrepreneurs are similar to business entrepreneurs because they must build a strong sustainable organization, increase sources of revenue, reduce expenses, and develop a team of loyal employees.
Research social entrepreneurship and what it entails using your readings, the online library resources, and the following Web sites:
- The Ashoka Web site: http://ashoka.org
- Public Broadcasting Service (PBS): The new heroes. (2005). What is social entrepreneurship.Retrieved from
- The Skoll Foundation Web site: http://www.skollfoundation.org/
Respond to the following:
- What is a social entrepreneur?
- What are the risks for a social entrepreneur?
- What are the similarities and differences between social and business entrepreneurship?
- Can social entrepreneurship be successful in our capitalistic society? Why or why not?
- Provide an example of a social entrepreneur in your community. Why do you consider this person a social entrepreneur?
Give reasons in support.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Last Updated on June 4, 2019 by EssayPro