Sales & Purchasing Management: FINAL Task brief & rubrics
Individual task. Choose a question from each section to answer and choose a company which will inspire answers in a B2B context; 3 questions in all,
each equally weighted
- For the document: Word count 800 – 1.000 words per question. The 3 questions: 2.400-3.000 words
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total word count.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography has to be in Harvard’s citation style.
Assignment Launch: Week 10.
Submission: Via Moodle (Turnitin). Submissions will be accepted in Week 14: May 13th by 23:59hrs (Barcelona time).
Weight: This task is a 35% of your total grade for this subject. Each Question is equally weighted.
Sales and Purchasing Management Task
Choose a question from each section to answer; 3 questions in all, each equally weighted. Ensure your answers have a B2B focus
You must also support each of your answers with a company of your choice. You may choose different companies for each question.
Ensure you indicate which section and question you are addressing (For example S1, Q3; S2, Q5; S3, Q1)
Sections and options
The Strategic Role of Sales Management
- Explain the need for research in the selling-purchasing framework
- Explain how the correct sales organization can enable the selling-purchasing process
- Explain why sales analysis is an important component of a successful sales strategy
- Explain the importance of accurate sales forecasting to an organization
- How is Sales Forecasting connected to the rest of the business and what are the implications for the sale teams.
- Explain how the process of selling (specific Sales Cycle steps) is related to the type of industry and product being sold.
Sales Organization and Sales Deployment
- There are different options for sales force organization. Explain the options, highlighting benefits and drawbacks
- When would an organization need to consider developing key account managers? Explain how they could do this.
- Sales force organization affects decisions concerning centralization versus decentralization, management span, departmentalization. Explain how
this is, or should be, driven by organizational and marketing strategy
- Not all selling situations would call for the same sales force organization within the sales department. Explain this
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Inside Sales versus Outside Sales and the influence of the type of product being sold.
- Discuss the benefits and disadvantages of using a 3rd party to sell your product versus a company’s own sales force
Salespeople Management: directing sales force operations
- Explain the importance of recruitment and selection in the sales department
- Explain why sales training is an important aspect of strategic sales management
- How does sales leadership impact effective sales organization?
- Explain how sales force compensation needs to be aligned to sales/marketing/organizational objectives
- “Sales is all about effort.” Discuss this statement and the factors which might influence the implication of this for the direction and management of the sales teams.
- Describe and discuss the relevant metrics that a senior manager would be interested in in terms of sales force efficiency with respect to Total Quality Management in sales.
Last Updated on May 16, 2020 by Essay Pro