This week you will create a summary of: 1) the research method and design you plan to use to investigate your research topic, and 2) a theoretical framework from which you will work from and contribute to.
Your discussion should address the following:
- Note a specific method and design you plan to use in your research.
- Quantitative studies must demonstrate both internal and external validity (e.g., large, random samples; statistical power; and representativeness).
- Qualitative studies must demonstrate validity within the context of the specific qualitative design (e.g., credibility, dependability, transferability, trustworthiness)
- NOTE: Replication studies are not permitted in NCU doctoral dissertation work.
- Describe and substantiate the appropriateness of the method and design to respond to the stated problem, purpose, and research questions.
- Note how the proposed method and design accomplish the study goals, why the design is the optimum choice for the proposed research, and how the method aligns with the purpose and research questions.
- Provide appropriate foundational research method support for the proposed study design.
- Explain the particular data gathering techniques and data analysis processes. Sample size of the study population should be identified and must be appropriate and justified based on the nature of the study design. Quantitative analyses must include justified sample size determination.
- Identify a specific theory that is applicable to your topic and problem you have identified. Review all literature you have compiled so far on your topic and problem. Review the literature for specific theories that are relevant and describe how your study will contribute to a particular theory.
Length: 2-3 pages
Your summary should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and include improvements made after integrating feedback on assignments submitted throughout the course. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Last Updated on April 5, 2019 by Essay Pro