Verify the final paper and presentation address the following major course themes:
- How will the selected technology provide benefit?
- How might the selected technology produce harm?
- Will the technology be “gendered”?
- What might be the malfunction risks?
- How might the technology introduce cause and effect relationships?
- What criteria will be used to evaluate the successes or failures of the technology?
- What political considerations exist?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the new technology versus refining an existing technology.
- How might one find a receptive market?
- Discuss whether the technology applies to science.
- How will the technology impact the environment – short term and long term? Consequences?
- Discuss ethical considerations.
- Discuss occupations generated. Are jobs lost?
- Include any appendices and graphics, if needed.
PowerPoint Presentation: This should be 8-15 slides providing highlights of the technology chosen by your team. If using a presentation software that is not PowerPoint, this should be long enough to include all of the major bullet points of your paper, much like your outline.
Select a team member to provide narration to the presentation. Record the narration. Be sure to include one slide as a reference slide.
Your final team project paper should illustrate your grasp of the concepts you have learned throughout the course. Work on the paper and presentation in your group area in Blackboard to reach the final project milestones.