|INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS|
|· Carry out background research for all stakeholders while answering the questions.|
|· All answers require justification and explanation.|
|· No interviews or site visits are allowed. All necessary information is available from relevant sources.|
|· Each submission can be by one student or a group of 2 – 5 students (maximum).|
|· The minimum amount of content required for this assignment is 2,000 words. |
· Referencing the course handouts, blogs or Wikipedia is not allowed.
· Only a soft-copy is required in the prescribed format along with this cover page.
· Any submission in another format shall be treated as a non-submission.
· Late submissions will have deduction of 0.25 marks for every working hour of the college.
· All assignments shall be checked for plagiarism.
· The highest marks will be awarded to assignments that show the most amount of varied research.
|Question No.||Max. Marks||Obtained Marks||Question No.||Max. Marks||Obtained Marks|
|Sub-Total Marks||6||Sub-Total Marks||4|
Grand Total Marks
|First Marker :|
|Second Marker: (NOT APPLICABLE)|
Q1. Review the Palm Mall project at the link provided and select the most suitable form of contract for this project. The answer should include a detailed justification with at least the following:
Q1.a. Project characteristics matrix. 
Q1.b. Form of contract characteristics matrix. 
Q1.c. The characteristics which match exactly. 
Q1.d. The characteristics which not match. 
Q1.e. The modifications required to the contract to take care of the mismatching characteristics. 
Note: The matrix can follow a similar format to the handouts but a unique approach is encouraged.
Q2. Review the Oman Standard Documents for Building and Civil Engineering Works (uploaded to the e-Learning along with the assignment) and identify all clauses where the opinion and/or satisfaction of the Engineer is required. 
Q3. Suggest modifications that can be made to each of the clauses identified to increase unambiguity.