The Big Dig Case Study – Discussion
Watch case study:https://ed.ted.com/on/Fd1Y4R8N
Read one Additional Resource reading of your choice. The ones that address bias do not count here. Go ahead and read them, they will help, but they do not count toward this reading goal.
Select three PMconcepts from the readings and video and apply them to the case study.
- success – what is success? Must every project started be completed? When does canceling a project mean success?
- risk management
- scope creep
- quality criteria (QC)
- change management
- planning – what does planning REALLY mean?
- defining sub tasks
- estimating task durations
- status tracking
- project reporting
- what to do when you make mistakes/screw up/start down an unhelpful path – in other words how to recover and get back on track to success – because let’s face it, we all screw up at times!
- managing your own ego and emotions so they are not your focus on the project
- Select three PM concepts from the readings and apply them to both case studies.
- Relate your experiences completingthe expanded mindset diary exercise this week to the three PM concepts you selected.
- Discuss how those three concepts played out in the case study and compare some of the details to your own experiences.
Additional Resources. PMs must be resourceful. In this course you are required to always draw insights from additional resources and integrate them into your analysis in the case studies.
Include citation also.