Write a report on a special probation/parole client and programs that have been established to address this problem client. Focus on 1 type of special needs offender (substance abusers, sex offenders, gang-affiliated, DWI offenders, those with HIV/AIDS, or those with mental disabilities).
Include in your report several (at least 2–3) examples of programs that have been created.
• List their strengths, weaknesses, successes, and failures.
• In the second part of your report, discuss plans for a new program.
• Use the strengths from some of the programs that you have researched in your design.
• Provide specific details as to how and why your program will be a success.
DB; 4-5 paragraphs
Search the library and Internet for some examples of intermediate punishment and alternatives to traditional probation and parole practices.
• Provide details about at least 2 of these programs, and explain how well they have worked.
• Do you think any of these alternatives would be effective—even more so than traditional probation or parole practices? Explain.
• How could they be made more effective?