Assignment: Practicum Experience – SOAP Note and Journal
In addition to Journal Entries, SOAP Note submissions are a way to reflect on your Practicum Experiences and connect these experiences to your classroom experience. SOAP Notes, such as the ones required in this course, are often used in clinical settings to document patient care. Please refer to the Seidel, et. al. book excerpt and the Gagan article located in this week’s Learning Resources for guidance on writing SOAP Notes.
After completing this week’s Practicum Experience, select a patient that you examined during the last 3 weeks. With this patient in mind, address the following in a SOAP Note:
• Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding his or her personal and medical history?
• Objective: What observations did you make during the physical assessment?
• Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses. List them from highest priority to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
• Plan: What was your plan for diagnostics and primary diagnosis? What was your plan for treatment and management including alternative therapies?
• Reflection notes: What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?