Week 2 Poetry Quiz
Please answer all the questions below in full, grammatically sound sentences. Do not quote the textbook when defining terms; rather, put the definition in your own words. Use examples/quotes to back up your points where applicable.
- Define the word diction and offer an example of formal and informal diction from this week’s reading.
- Define tone and explain the tone of one of the works read this week.
- Define denotation and offer an example of the term.
- Define connotation and offer an example of the term.
- Offer an example of imagery used to describe the grandmother in Parker’s “Snapping Beans.”
- What diction does Hayden use in “Those Winter Sunday’s” to describe the difficulties of the father’s life?
- How would you define the tone of Updike’s “Dog’s Death” and why?
- Explain the use of personification in “Poetry Should Ride the Bus”?
- What is the theme of “Poetry Should Ride the Bus”?
- Which of the poems do you most connect to and why?
Last Updated on March 20, 2018 by EssayPro