View an introduction to the Assignment. Be sure to adjust your audio settings.
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Measure and assess your cardiorespiratory endurance.
- Design an appropriate cardiorespiratory exercise program.
Course Outcomes assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
EF205-5: Evaluate current strategies used in aerobic and anaerobic training.
GEL-2.02: Interpret data as they apply to a discipline specific situation.
Your Assignment will be a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint© presentation in which you specifically design a personalized exercise program using your fitness and wellness knowledge. You will determine your current fitness levels and employ the FITT principle to plan an effective long-term exercise program. Please include key points and graphics on your slides, as well as cited and APA-formatted 7- to 10-sentence paragraphs within your speaker notes in the Notes section of the presentation.
Please include the following sequence for your slides:
- Slide 1: Title slide
- Slide 2: Discuss your current fitness level and your overall fitness goal.
- Speaker notes (SN): Discuss your current stage of fitness based on the trans-theoretical model, PAR-Q, and additional course assessments.
- Slides 3–6: Identify a specific goal for improvement for each component of fitness: cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, and body composition.
- SN: Discuss your fitness test results from labs, barriers, and why this specific goal is intrinsically important to you.
- Slides 7–9: Apply the FITT principle to your cardiovascular, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility goals.
- SN: Be specific! Frequency for one component must match up with others according to your cohort’s requirements. Intensity must be measurable discuss target heart rate, RPE, and weight lifted. Time must also match up with frequency according to your cohort. Type: be very specific in the types of exercises that will help you achieve each component’s goals.
- Slides 10–12: Create a 1-week exercise chart specifically outlining your cardiovascular, strength training, and flexibility exercise plan. (Be sure to include how long you are going to participate in any cardiovascular exercises and be specific about the types of cardiovascular, strength training, and stretching you will participate in.)
- You are not required to have speaker notes for these slides. The detail should be in the chart for anyone to follow.
- Slide 13: Conclusion
- Slides 14–15: Reference slides
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Course Documents to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written Assignments.
Submitting Your Work
Put your responses in a Microsoft Word document and submit it to the Unit 10 Assignment Dropbox.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted project.