Write a 2‐3 page paper (excluding title and reference pages). 4) Include the following sections about the selected disease process (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric). a. Introduction of disease ‐ 20 points/20%
• One paragraph (approximately 200 words)
• Includes disease description
• Includes epidemiology of disease b. Etiology and risk factors ‐ 20 points/20%
• Common causes of the disease or condition
• Risk factors for the disease or condition
• Impact of age
• Prevalence based on gender,
• Influence of environment
• Genetic basis of disease
• Lifestyle influences
• All information supported by current literature c. Pathophysiological processes ‐ 20 points/20%
• Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease process.
• Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
• Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms. d. Clinical manifestations and complications ‐ 20 points/20%
• Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease.
• Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
• Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
• Identifies complications of the disease.
• Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated. e. Diagnostics ‐ 10 points/10%
• Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of the disease.
Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process. f. APA Style and Organization ‐ 10 points/10%
• References are submitted with assignment.
• Uses appropriate APA format (6th ed.) and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors. • Paper is 2‐3 pages, excluding title and reference pages
• At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided.
Last Updated on September 30, 2019 by EssayPro