1) What were your overall impressions of what you witnessed in the training session at Green Haven Correctional Facility in the video?
2) What does the adults’ behavior say about “group bias” and group attitudes toward “strangers”?
3) Compare the lesson taught to 3rd graders and to the correction officers. What did Jane Elliott do differently?
4) Do you think the training worked? Why? What suggestions do you have for Jane Elliott for adapting this lesson to adults?
Read Gudykunst Chapter 4 and answer the following question:
5) How can we change our expectations for strangers? (for this question, please cite at least one academic source in your answer and use your personal experience if possible.)
Please, copy link bellow into a browser to watch the video from 27:45 or watch the whole video. Thank you.
Last Updated on