- What are the characteristics of life?
- Parts of the scientific method.
- What are the differences between an experiment and control group?
- Know the hierarchy of organization and taxonomy classification.
- What is natural selection? Who was the first to identify?
- What are the parts of the atom?
- What is the atomic number, mass number, atomic weight?
- What are radioisotopes?
- How are orbitals filled?
- What is the differences between a molecule, mixture, and a compound?
- What are the main types of bonds? How are theydifferent?, How do they form?
- What is the difference between hydrophilic and hydrophobic?
- What are the most common elements in humans?
- What are organic compounds?
- How many bonds does carbon make and how do you know this? Oxygen? Hydrogen? Nitrogen?
- What are the main functional groups?
- What is the difference between a monomer and a polymer?
- What are the reactions that make or break a monomer/polymer?
- Be able to identify the structures of carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and amino acids. Know the main functional groups that are found in each.
- What is a monosaccharide, disaccharide, and a polysaccharide?
- What bonds form between the monomers, specifically for each organic molecule?
- What are the different types of lipids?
- What composes a fat?
- What composes proteins?
- Can proteins be made up of more than one polypeptide chain?
- What are the levels of protein structure?
- What are nucleotides? Most common?
Last Updated on February 13, 2019 by Essay Pro