Observation of a Photograph
Qualitative researchers often rely heavily on their observation skills in their research. This week, in order to enhance your observation skills, you will have a hands-on experience in which you conduct a close review of a photograph.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Read Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches; Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methods and view the video segment.
• Consider the strengths and weaknesses of observation as a data collection method.
• Access the photograph provided in the Resources for this week that your Instructor has selected for the class to observe for this assignment.
• Set a timer for 5 minutes, and using a field notes format similar to the one provided on page 25 of “Stretching” Exercises for Qualitative Researchers, observe the selected photograph. For the posting, you will be asked to transform your field notes into two paragraphs.
With these thoughts in mind:
• A ½ page analysis of the strengths and limitations of observation as a data collection method.
• Your ½ page observation of the photograph, identifying which photograph you chose (if the instructor did not select one for the class).
When appropriate, be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the reading(s) and/or video program(s) and use APA format.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Essay Pro