Net forces and accelerations Graded Assignment
Unit6 Test, Part 2
(25 points total, 3 questions)
- Two ropes are attached to either side of a50.0 kg wagon as shown below. The rope on the left is pulled at an angle 35° to the horizontal with a tension of 80.0N and while the rope on the right is pulled directly to the east (0° relative to the horizontal)with a tension of 85.0N.
- Find the components of the tension forces applied by the ropes. Show all work.
- Find the net force in the x (horizontal) direction assuming no friction. Show all work.
- Find the net acceleration of the wagon in the horizontal direction. Show all work.
- A 10.0 kg block rests on a level surface. The coefficient of static friction is µs = 0.60, and the coefficient of kinetic friction is µk = 0.35. A horizontal force, F, is applied to the block. As F is increased, the block begins moving.
- Find the minimum force, F, required for the block to just start to move.
- Find the force, F, required for the block to continue to move at a constant velocity.
- Explain what happens to the motion of the block if a force is applied greater than those found above.
- A 3.0 x 104 kg steel beam is lifted by a large crane. The beam accelerates upward at 1.50 m/s2. Find the applied force. Show all your work including a free body (or force) diagram.
Last Updated on