The Lesson Writing Assignments are worth no more than 100 points each. Submissions that are more comprehensive and detailed will earn a higher point total. You need several substantial paragraphs (minimum 500 words for each lesson writing assignment). This exercise is to show that you have read the material and that you have thought about the issues.
You should use New Courier or Times New Roman, 12 point font, double-spacing, and one inch margins on all four sides of the paper.
All writing assignments will be analyzed using SafeAssign. That students are not copying from others work , Essays that contain plagiarized material will receive a significant reduction in points or a zero. Students may receive a failing grade in the course for submitting plagiarized material. Do not cut and paste information from an online source or copy information directly from the chapter without using quotations and citing the information you used. The assignment is to be formatted according to the Modern Language Association (MLA) style which includes a works cited page but does NOT include a title page.
You Can Use Government Websites
- Read Chapter 13, including “You Decide: Voices of Texas: Cite and Release: Necessary Cost-Savings or Soft on Crime?” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- Are all defendants treated equally in the Texas criminal justice system? Why or why not?
- Why do you think certain groups are overrepresented or underrepresented in the prison system?
- At times the integrity of the criminal justice system has been called into question. What are some of the events that have led to this situation?
- What is cite and release and why was it implemented?
- Do you believe that more counties should adopt cite and release? Why or why not?
- Discuss at least two changes that you believe would increase fairness in the criminal justice system.
Book in reference –
Champagne, A., Harpham, E., and Casellas, J. Governing Texas, Third Edition, W.W. Norton & Company.
Last Updated on